Ancestor Links - Images
Hayes Ancestors and related families:
Goodwin Family Line (back to New England 1632)
Other Images grouped by theme
• Early Voyages to New England (1600's)
Images of the type of sailing vessels used to cross the Atlantic Ocean in the 1600's.
• Founders Monuments & Bridges in New England
Memorial Monuments and Bridges have been erected in memory of the Founders of various early Towns in New England.
• Early Towns & Communities in North America
The early pioneer settlers built the first homesteads, schools, churches, businesses, towns, roads, bridges ...
• Garrison House, Dover, New Hampshire (c. 1675)
An example of an early New England family home that was also used as a Garrison House for protection against attacks from Native American Indian tribes.
• Early Transportation by Stagecoach
As soon as roads were built and well enough developed - horse drawn stagecoaches were used to transport passengers, mail and goods between towns and across regions.
• Notable & Famous Descendants of Early New England Settlers
Early New England Settlers - William Goodwin [Lyon ship 1632; Cambridge, Mass.] & Elizabeth White - were ancestors of:
1) Richard Morris Hunt (1828-1895), American Architect (Designed: Pedestal for the Statue of Liberty; Facade of the Metropolitan Museum of Art; The Biltmore Estate ...).
2) Timothy Dwight IV (1752-1817), President of Yale.
3) Timothy Dwight V (1828-1916), President of Yale.